Welcome to Internetters' Website Hosting Services
do our best to meet and exceed your expectations and needs.
Your business is truly appreciated.
you start, some important information about your account:
- All files for public viewing should be uploaded into your public_html
directory. Files uploaded anywhere else will not be seen by anyone
visiting your website.
- The first page you upload must be named index.htm or
index.html (or index.cgi / .shtml / .php3 in the relevant directories).
Delete the current index.htm, which is the temporary front
page that Internetters created for you.
Important Ensure that the name of your new page is
in lower case (e.g. index.html and not Index.html or INDEX.html).
- Remember that our system is SeNsItIvE to upper and lower case
directory and file names. Your FTP user name and password are also
- Email is set up under our new VPOP system. Please see our VPOP Support pages for full instructions and details.
- Statistics of visitors to your site are located at http://www.yourdomain.xxx/stats/.
This directory is usually password protected for your privacy, using
the default stats user name "stats" and password "visitors". Statistics are updated once
a week on a Monday morning. Your statistics are explained here.
- File and directory names must not contain spaces or any characters
other than letters, numbers, hypens '-' and underscores '_'.
- In your FTP program, upload your Perl, HTML and TXT files in ASCII/TEXT
mode. Upload images in Binary mode. Many FTP programs will have
an Auto-Detect setting that will select this for you.
- The directories named cgi-bin, status and icons
are shared system-wide directories. PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY OF
THESE NAMES FOR YOUR OWN DIRECTORIES.
- Please do not delete any of the preset files or directories other
than index.htm unless you know what they are and are sure that you
will not use them. Some files are required for email autoresponse,
some for your statistics, some for virtual FTP and so on.
- For your own CGIs (*.cgi) or SSI (*.shtml): use any directory
name except cgi-bin for your own scripts (cgi_bin or cgibin are
allowed). Set the permissions correctly: chmod 755 filename
in FTP if your client program supports it - or ask us to do this
- For CGI Script use: Perl is located at /usr/local/bin/perl. Sendmail
is located at /usr/lib/sendmail.
- Internetters' Support
Pages have detailed instructions and advice to assist you
in making the most of your new website and the powerful facilities
of our servers. Please also consult our extensive Online Help pages for answers to questions you may have. If you cannot find the answer to your questions, you can submit a question to our Support Staff via this system. We will always respond within 24 hours - usually much
quicker. You can also contact us during UK office hours on 0870
748 3333 (UK) or +44 20 8537 3362 (international), although we would
ask you to read the Support Section first as over 95% of questions
asked are covered in these detailed pages.
you must replace our index file with one of your own, you may wish
to bookmark or print out this page for future reference.
If you are happy with
Internetters' hosting services, you might like to display this image
on your website. It will help us to be found more easily on the
Internet. You will find the image in the public_html directory of
your account. If you wish to use it, simply add the following line
of code to any page of your site:
width="79" height="35" alt="Hosted by Internetters.co.uk"></a></p>
Thank you for your
© 1998-2003 Internetters Limited